Monday 1 February 2010

Christening Blanket

I am working on a lovely project at present, for a friend of a friend. It is a beautifully soft cashmere christening blanket. The cashmere is amazing!! The lady I'm sewing it for was given a few meters of cashmere several years ago whilst working for a fabric company. It was pretty much being thrown away as there were a few imperfections in the fabric - if there hadn't been it would have cost £300 a metre!! Understandably I nearly had a coronary when I was told this! Michelle didn't know what to do with the cashmere - until she had a baby!
The design is extremely simple - I always think less is more - two squares of cashmere separated by a very thin layer of cotton batting and trimmed with sating binding. The baby's name is embroidered in the bottom left corner. It is very nearly finished and I hope to post some pictures by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment