Tuesday 14 January 2014

Puerperium


No, I have not yet delivered in case anyone was wondering and thus not yet in the puerperal period - I have (technically) 6 days left, but given that my other two were 8 days and 13 days late respectively I may be waiting a while longer!  Medically speaking 'puerperieum' refers to the initial 6 week period post-birth, but in this instance it refers to a lovely little cardigan designed by Kelly Brooker specifically for this time.

It is a lovely knit - all in the round - with the choice of short sleeves or long sleeves.  Just the thing for a newborn to wear over a sleep suit.  After much research on Ravelry I was very much inspired by the versions made by alternating a solid colour with a self striping yarn.  I used Debbie Bliss Rialto DK in purple as my solid and Noro Kureyon shade 329 ( I think!!), alternating every two rows.  I'm not sure if I should have made the button band in just the solid colour in retrospect and it has turned out slightly larger than I expected but it may just fit a little beyond the puerperal period!

I'm wondering if I have time to knit a solid colour variety while I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment