Saturday 3 January 2015

Happy New Year!

This blog has been sorely neglected for the last three months!  I grossly underestimated how much more hectic life would be with my Busy Boy at half day school ... yes, I do have two and a half hours every day for just myself and Baby M but I am on the road all the time!  Never mind, as busy and hectic as it is I am thoroughly enjoying the hustle and bustle and general madness that three children brings!

Despite this I have kept my hand in with my knitting.  As I've mentioned before knitting is my main creative outlet at the moment with it being far more sociable and portable than sewing.  I thought I'd share my first finish of 2015 - 'Oleum' socks:


I confess to have started these back in September but my fraught Christmas knitting got in the way and the poor second sock lost it's way amongst Christmas jumpers, hats and mismatched mittens.  This leads me to share my first knitting resolution of 2015 - I will finish one pair of socks at a time ;-)

Anyway, 'Oleum' is a fabulous pattern by Rachel Coopey for Baaramewe in Leeds/Harrogate.  The pattern was released in August at the same time as this lovely limited edition 'Titus Goddess' yarn in 'Shades of Aire' colourway.  I love the lace panel in the middle of the sock and the garter stitch toe detail - just beautiful.



I have another pair of Rachel Coopey socks I'd like to finish by the end of January (I've been inspired by a winter knit along on Ravelry) and an ever growing stash of Titus Goddess/Titus that I must start making a dent in soon so I hope the next few months will be productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment