Friday 19 November 2010

Colour Day




It's 'Children in Need' today. Sophia's school is having a colour day to raise money - every year in the school has to dress in a different colour. I am pretty sure that year 1 drew the short straw as they have to dress in orange! As a natural redhead I do have a slight aversion to the colour orange so had nothing suitable in the house. I searched high and low online and locally in a bid to find an orange garment with no luck at all! In the end I resorted to good old home sewing and (call me mad) made Sophia a dress in the offending colour! I adapted a pattern from 'Carefree Clothes for Girls' This is a Japanese book with some lovely ideas for girlswear - I have to admit that the hems and edges are a bit raw and unfinished for my liking but very inspirational ideas none the less. I snapped a few pics of the work in progress as well as the finished article. On the camera front I have retrieved the memory card from the computer, however, these pics were snapped with my iphone - I gave in and bought the 'Hipstamatic' app everyone raves about. I thought the blurred edges complemented the retro fabric used in the dress. Incidentally this was from Jeanean Morrison's 'California Dreamin' range.

No comments:

Post a Comment