Thursday 28 July 2011

Summer Holidays

We are halfway through our first full week of the school holidays and so far we are all a bit under the weather! Why is it that we are the picture of health when we are living life in the fast lane, but come relaxation time the four of us are afflicted by a random virus - how typical.

Still it's giving me some time for knitting, reading and film watching so it can't all be bad. I've put my sewing machine away for the early weeks of the summer hols in a bid to finish some festering unfinished projects. Some of these were discovered in the spare room whilst decluttering in preparation for decorating. These are largely knitted articles and some have, I am ashamed to say, have been on the needles for *ahem* a year - maybe even a leeettle bit longer. Oh dear!


My current finishing off project is a cable cushion cover from Amy Butler's Midwest Modern Knits. I wonder why it got left along the wayside for so long as I love the pattern. The Aran wool makes it a relatively quick knit. I plan to only knit one side of the cover at this point, using fabric, possibly an Amy Butler print for the other.

At the end of the week begins the cake marathon - my friend is getting married and I have 168 red velvet cupcakes and a 6" cutting cake to make! Madness! This is why I don't do full time cake decorating - the wedding season would be too manic!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment