Monday 5 September 2011

Holiday

It's a couple of weeks now since we returned from our holiday in West Wales. We stayed in the tiny village of Cribyn, not far from Lampeter in a renovated tin shed known as Ty Sinc.


We had a very relaxing time mainly reading, DVD watching, crafting, playing board games and completing jigsaws. We did have some lovely jaunts though. Dr Husband and Big Girl had a boat trip out of New Quay to watch dolphins while Baby Boy slept and I relaxed watching little boats and read Miss Buncle's Book. I've been a big fan of Persephone Books for a few years now and had stocked up on some new books for holiday purposes.


We had an afternoon at the National Woollen Museum which I loved. It's an excellent, well thought out museum chronicling the history of the wool trade in Carmarthenshire with fabulous exhibits and lots to see. Being Welsh I've grown up cwtched under welsh woollen blankets and I loved seeing so many on display - including one very like a blanket I inherited from my grandparents!

(giant boiler at the woollen museum)

(preserved loom)

We enjoyed pottering in Aberaeron ...


...and had a very nice lunch at The Hive.


All in all a very lovely time of not doing very much!











No comments:

Post a Comment