Saturday 24 December 2011

Festive Baking

Well it's Christmas Eve - how DID that happen?! The munchkins are in bed so I've a little time for some festive blogging before completing my Mrs. Christmas duties! I had hoped to post some pics of my two completed quilts this week, but the weather has been too evil for photographs so it will have to wait til next week. Luckily we aren't seeing the recipients til next weekend so I've a few days yet!

My friend Stella and her two children came around on thursday afternoon for some baking fun. We go way back and she is a very dear friend. We initially met 15 years ago at university - we went our separate ways but our paths have crossed on multiple occasions and in the most extraordinary ways since. The most weird and wonderful crossing of paths occurred in August when Stella and her family moved from Surrey and bought a house on the next street to ours!

We had a lovely afternoon of gingerbread making and decorating:


Some of the results:


The big girl and I made a gingerbread house:


And I managed a spot of festive sewing - a stocking for the baby boy :-)


Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment