Thursday 29 December 2011

Seeing Stars

The sun was shining yesterday, and I did manage to snap some photos of my wonky stars quilt - but, alas, they were very unflattering! It may have been something to do with placing a quilt with a white background against a whitewashed wall! These pictures were taken inside instead.


I am so pleased with this quilt. I had wanted to make a star quilt for absolutely ages but the prospect of triangles and points scared me a lot. The maverick/wonky star method disperses such fears in an instant - so easy and such fun!



The backing was aquired from my stash - it's a cherry print by Lecien from the Mrs March collection. I've had it for ages, loved it, but never known what to do with it. It seemed the perfect choice to complement the little cherries in the various 'teatime' prints. The pink gingham binding is by Makower and also features in one of the star blocks.


Love this quilt sooooo much - I am definitely going to make another one - but bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment