Tuesday 24 January 2012

For Down Under

My good friend Wendy had a baby earlier this month so this quilt is on its way to Oz.


*Slight apologies - this first picture shows the quilt upside down - ooooppps!


I bought the jelly roll for this quilt when I was pregnant with my own Baby Boy. You may remember months and months ago on a rainy afternoon, I vowed to cut and sew a quilt in that finite amount of time between lunch and the school run! I did manage to piece the quilt top, but hormones and exhaustion prevailed and the quilt was never finished. One thing is apparent about me if you read this blog - I always bite off more than I can chew!

The quilt top - inspired in part by this one- was placed in a basket for another day. When I found out Wendy was pregnant I knew there was a reason to complete the quilt and pass it on to a very special little boy.

The quilt is simply backed with a check print, stippled and bound with scrappy binding making use of those leftover jelly roll strips.



The fabric is from the Lily and Will range by Moda - it's perfect for baby blankets as it comes in several pastel colourways.

I've not made any real New Year resolutions, but I'm trying to complete one project before I start another!

No comments:

Post a Comment