Thursday 2 February 2012

It's cold outside

It is sooooo cold here today. Don't get me wrong - I adore this sort of weather: blue sky, frosty, crisp and sunny- but there is no getting away from the fact that it is freezing!

I'm cwtched up inside with the log-burner on so I'm nice and toasty, and I deem it time for a *New Project*!


I've had this 'Sherbet Pips' layer cake since the summer but was yet to use it. Given the current cold weather and the wintery scenes on the fabric, I thought it was perfect for a cold day project. My plan is to make a 'snowball' quilt. The 'snowball' part is entirely coincidental and has nothing to do with the climate - the fabric prints are so lovely I wanted to cut them as little as possible to preserve the pictures. A 'snowball' quilt thus seemed perfect.


So with Radio 4 on in the background and a sleepy little boy napping upstairs, I shall begin cutting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment