Wednesday 7 March 2012

Cake!

I made a wedding cake last week for a dear friend. It was the most wonderful day and I cried lots of happy tears.

My husband informs me that this is the last wedding cake I'm likely to make as he can't cope with how stressed and moody I become - worryingly I think he may be correct! Don't get me wrong, I love the finished product, but it is such a responsibility and hard work. This cake in particular had the added stress of time pressure as it was all madeira cake thus could not be made well in advance. I did gain some time by ensuring the top tier was a dummy one - at least it was iced well in advance and the sugarpaste models the bride requested were then modelled on top at my leisure. The models were great fun - especially making my own sugarpaste tartan.

The pics aren't the greatest as I snapped them quickly, but it gives an idea of the overall effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment