Sunday 25 March 2012

Shirts

I alluded to a project I'd been busy with at the end of my last post. I am calling it 'Shirts' - this brings a smile to my face as it reminds me of a song by the 'Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band' also entitled 'Shirts'. I blame my husband entirely for this - his father's eclectic taste in music has filtered through, not only to him, but now also myself.


This project is nothing musical but rather another quilt top! It has been made from a 'Washed & Worn' bundle. Basically the bundle consists of reclaimed and recycled fabrics which are washed and worn! The selection in my bundle seemed to be from mainly shirts, and possibly pajamas!

I've sewn them together in strips to from the quilt top which I hope will be for the Baby Boy - I've another bundle to crack open for the Big Girl. My hope, after backing and basting, is to hand quilt the blanket (arrgghh!!). I've not hand quilted for a long time and I've always struggled with maintaining even stitches, but I think it will add to the lovely homespun feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment