Thursday 22 August 2013

Industrious

I have been industrious - I have finished a quilt.  AND I have another pieced, layered and basted ready for quilting - yay me!

This simple charm quilt is a gift for my friend Wendy's little girl Phoebe.  She was born May/June time - the first little girl after 3 older brothers.  Although I knew Wendy was having a girl I was a bit nervous about going down the pink and pretty path as a little girl was going to be a big change after 3 boys!  I chose some beautiful, bold and colourful prints from a range by Momo - 'Just wing it'.




This is a side on view of the whole quilt - it was too blustery on my washing line the right side up:


Such a happy quilt :-)

The back is pieced with complimentary blue stripy fabric and a strip of butterfly print - I know it's a Moda print but I've had it in my stash for some time so can't remember which line it's from now.  The binding is red and spotty!


It's all washed, dried, crinkly and sweet-smelling and  wrapped up in a brown paper package (which I will probably tie with string ;-)) ready for it's journey to Oz!

No comments:

Post a Comment