Saturday 10 August 2013

Long time, no post



Well hello blogland!  It has been a long time - almost a month in fact!  I seem to lose track of all time during the Summer months.  We're well into the school holidays here so children and family have keeping me busy not to mention a couple of challenging situations.  My sewing room has largely been out of action due to a little stream of Summer visitors who have come our way, and I've pretty much decided to put my Farmer's Wife Quilt on hold until September.  I have, however, been busy knitting away but progress is always much slower than with machine sewing so there is not much photographic evidence of my hard work yet!  This last week I did set up my sewing machine on the dining room table to press on with a couple of baby quilts I need to finish.  There is a sneak peak of one above and the second one is well in progress :-).  Hopefully I'll be posting some finished projects by the end of this coming week.  Baby projects are going to keep me busy for a while yet - my sister-in-law is having a third baby, my twin niece and nephew are coming up to 6 months and I have a group of particularly fertile friends!  I can also divulge that some of these baby projects will be for my own surprise little bundle - I'm nearly 17 weeks pregnant.  In the words of one of my friends: "a happy accident"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment