Tuesday 29 April 2014

Baby Ripple

I'm wondering if it is allowed to refer to this particular project as a 'commission'?  My good friend Debbie asked me if I would consider knitting or crocheting a blanket for her imminent arrival not so long ago, and of course I was very happy to oblige.  She chose the yarn and said she fancied a ripple type blanket but I had free reign with the colour arrangement.


I tried rippling the colours one after but it didn't look quite right.  After trawling Pinterest I found a couple of blankets where the most abundant colour was neutral so I tried sandwiching each colour with the oatmeal colour Debbie had bought.  We both loved the result!

The wool Debbie chose was 'Myboshi Crochet Yarn' which is available in a rainbow of colours, some of which are quite florescent!  It is sold at our local Hobbycraft store where it is almost always on offer :-).  The yarn is a merino/acrylic blend which I think is perfect for a baby - soft to touch but will wash well, especially important if you have a sick baby!

The pattern is the 'neat ripple pattern' found on the fabulous Attic 24 blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment