Monday 17 January 2011

Another Baby Quilt




It seems that a lot of my friends have been having babies of late so I've been kept quite busy! Not to mention the fact that I should probably make my own one at some point - due in 2 and a half weeks so rapidly running out of time!!

This quilt is made for Jean-Luc, baby son of my friends Sarah and Xavier. Sarah and I shared a flat in London when we were students. She knitted Sophia a beautiful blanket when she was born so it seemed apt to make Jean-Luc something handmade too.

The inspiration for this charm squares quilt can be found here. I really liked the idea of separating the 5" squares with the white fabric - a great way of making prints go further or using up scraps. The fabric itself is from a bundle I bought at Fabric Rehabjust before Christmas - I LOVE the vintage zoo print! The amusing thing is that completely by accident I have made this quilt in red, white and blue and baby Jean-Luc is half French!

I stippled the quilt top, which I love doing, and the binding is a scrappy one made from the fabric leftover after I cut out the charms. It was washed and dried and I am soooooo glad I put colourcatcher in the wash as the red fabric bleeding would have been a disaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment