Friday 21 January 2011

Maternity Leave!



I'm on maternity leave! Well, technically not, seeing as I am a homemaker and I don't have paid work outside the home! However, I have hit the 38 weeks mark and I think its probably time to slow down a little bit. I find this extremely difficult as I normally exist in a hive of activity, so in a bid to chill out a bit I've taken up crochet.
Let's get one thing straight, I AM the world's worst crocheter. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was quite young - I managed to learn from just looking at what she was doing so as a consequence developed a very strange left handed technique much to my mother-in-law's horror. She has been very patient (but probably secretly frustrated)with me in trying to correct my bizarre technique. I think it has finally paid off and I may have mastered the correct right handed technique! Yesterday evening was spent on my family room sofa crocheting some very retro granny squares, as inspired by Attic 24. The pics of what I've accomplished thus far are above - you can just about make out baby bump too. The yarn is just some left over Sublime merino DK I had in the house, but I am excited to say that I've taken delivery of some lovely yarn this morning to make something 'proper'!

3 comments:

  1. Hurray for maternity leave! What are you going to do with the granny squares? Shouldn't you be doing things like clearing out the cleaning cupboard and agonising over the small speck of dust in the corner of the ceiling? Enjoy the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will make a cushion cover or throw with the granny squares. Will try and post a pic of my new yarn later or tomorrow. Don't worry about my nesting - I've nested Andy's study this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete