Thursday 6 January 2011

Happy New Year




I love the start of a New Year - I get quite obsessed about organisation and cleaning, although this year I'm not sure how much of it is 'nesting'! I've lots of little projects I want to finish over the next few weeks pre-baby but am not sure how much I will achieve!

The pics are of the Christmas quilt I finished just before the old year was out. The quilt top was actually finished pre-Christmas but I didn't quite get round to the basting, quilting and binding. The fabric is from the discontinued Moda line 'Figgy Pudding' by Basic Grey. I used a Charm pack and framed each square I used with 2.5" strips cut from a dessert roll of the same line. The quilting is a bit wonky in places but I was desperately trying to finish the thing! Sophia had plenty of time to cwtch under it before returning to school yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. i think this one is one of my favourites so far..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Basic Grey, I was so impressed they came out with a fabric line, more gorgeous things to buy!!!! Love the quilt you gave Rosie, I mean Maggie.

    ReplyDelete