Saturday 7 April 2012

Baby Washcloths

I have never known so many pregnancies amongst people I know - my craft life can hardly keep up (my knitting certainly can't!). This was a quick little gift I made for my friend's baby boy - baby washcloths!


They are very simply made using a 10" square of terry towelling (bought in a local fabric shop) and a 10" square of a funky children's print (Ikea!). These were sewn, right sides together, around the edge leaving a small gap for turning. After turning the gap was stitched up, then the washcloth was topstitched around the edge with my walking foot.

I maaaaay post a tutorial of the above, complete with pictures - am undecided as yet as am sure there are hundreds of baby washcloth tutorials in the blogosphere already!

Anyways.... I made three washcloths and arranged them in a bundle, tied them with baby boy ribbon and made a handmade gift tag. A very quick, simple but effective gift which hopefully will be well used.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Dear reader. How are you?If you're looking at the expense side of the equation, take a close look at the rent you're paying if the space is leased. Even if you've already signed a lease agreement, there is nothing to prevent you from approaching the landlord or property owner to renegotiate the lease or request a reduction.See more at- Best laundromat toronto

    ReplyDelete