Saturday 21 April 2012

Quilt top

I finished the snowball quilt top last week and I am very pleased with it :-).  I wasn't entirely sure if there would be too much red in the finished article, but on balance I think I've managed to get away with it.  This is probably due to the fact that the corner triangles have a teeny print compared to the other red blocks.  

The quiltroom had a special offer on Moda Bella Solids last week so I've ordered some gray fabric for the back of the quilt.  So far I'm undecided about what exactly to do about the back - I'm not sure if I should keep it plain or go with a pieced version as a lot of scraps were generated in making the snowball blocks.  Time will tell!  I'm in no rush to put it all together yet as I've a couple of baby quilts I'd like to finish up this week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment