Thursday 26 April 2012

Another quilt top






I have been a busy little bee this week!  This in part has been helped by (i) the hibernation-inducing terrible weather, and (ii) a poorly baby boy who has just wanted to snooze most afternoons.

This quilt is going to be for a baby boy named Oliver and is my first attempt at an hourglass type quilt.  Challenging doesn't even begin to describe the process - the sewing was hard work and squaring the blocks nearly drove me slightly demented!  The corners aren't perfect but I am quite pleased with the result.  If I were doing it again I would probably choose one more print as the colour placement wasn't easy.  The project is shown here all ready for quilting.  I hope to get it done by the weekend to off-load it to it's new owner.


No comments:

Post a Comment