Wednesday 2 May 2012

Bluebell Ripple



Another friend of mine has had a baby girl.  There is definitely something in the water around here - at least 5 babies have been born to various friends through the month of April!  This little one is the only girl in the batch and this ripple blanket is for her.  Crochet is great for a fast growing project and, although I probably prefer knitting, the former is just much quicker!

The baby's name is Bluebell which pairs perfectly with her older sister's name, Daisy.  I had completely different yarn selected until I saw some Debbie Bliss Rialto DK in the four shades above - most of them are shades of bluebell flowers!  I followed the Attic 24 ripple pattern, instead of the usual one I use, as I think it provides much softer peaks and troughs in the ripple. 


No comments:

Post a Comment