Sunday 20 May 2012

Hourglass

I've been off the radar for a week or so.  Life seems to get busier and busier.  This last week has been the best sort of busy.  My Big Girl turned 7 last weekend so we celebrated with a birthday breakfast and an afternoon teaparty.  We also had the loveliest house guest staying - Caroline from North Carolina!  Her time with us was fabulous and I confess there were tears shed on her departure.

I've a finished quilt to share today -  completed before last week's epic week, but I've been lacking in time to post on here.

I present the Hourglass Quilt, made for a certain young Baby Oliver:


I am thrilled with how this one turned out.  The hourglass blocks had always appealed to me but I was very nervous of it being a complete disaster because of the triangles and points.  There is no doubt the cutting and sewing was a challenge but I am SO pleased with how it  looks now completed :-)






I especially like the back:


It is a red gingham by Makower with a strip of fabric from the Reunion line by Moda which  features in the hourglass blocks - the binding is also made in the same print.

The quilt sandwich was stippled - I can't get enough of stippling!!


Hoping to quilt my snowball quilt this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment