Tuesday 9 October 2012

Summer Days Quilt

There was a little pile of 9 patch squares all over my sewing table for a lot of the summer months.  Work was in fits and starts and a birthday deadline was missed in spectacular style!



Finally the quilt is completed - referred to as 'Summer Days' in reference to the time of year and the lovely fresh fabric prints used.  The fabric line was a Moda favourite for me - 'Oh Cherry, Oh' - sadly no longer available.

The quilt is a modern take on the single Irish chain quilt - I love the way the fabrics automatically 'chain' by alternating 9 patch squares with plain white fabric.  I also love the scrappy look achieved by using a jelly roll:



The back is pieced from various pink and green fabrics I had in my stash as well as a couple of leftover jelly roll strips.  The binding is pink and spotty :-) :



It was a long awaited birthday gift for my good friend Lois, but I think she thought it worth the wait!

1 comment: