Saturday 9 February 2013

Busy and Eventful

It has been a busy and eventful week for me craft-wise as well as otherwise.  I've managed to make two Farmer's Wife blocks and complete a baby quilt for a friend.  In other, very exciting, news I have become an aunt this week - my brother's wife Charlotte had twins on Thursday morning!!  I have a little niece named Bronwyn Nell and a little nephew named Fox Rhys.  This means I can start the Very Important Projects i have previously alluded to!

My blocks for this week are called Economy and Buzzard's Roost.


(Economy - block 29)

This one meant I could be very economical with my time working on it - straightforward and simple yet very effective.


(Buzzard's Roost - block 15)

This one was a bit more challenging and needs a bit more pressing!  I'm not sure if it has turned out a bit bland if I'm honest.  I'm debating whether a white background would have worked better with the grey fabric, but for now it's in.

This week's other accomplishment was finishing my 'Wheelie Quilt' :-).  I have a friend called Lora who I've known for donkey's years - we grew up in the same church and went to the same secondary school although I am a bit older.  Lora's husband Jaime is bike mad and works in a bike shop called 'Wheelies' at the bottom of my hill.  When their baby boy Daniel was born in November I just had to make a bicycle themed quilt for him!

Here it is:



How I love it!  It is made from a charm pack and yardage from Sweetwater's range 'Lucy's Crab Shack'.  I've had the fabric range pinned to my 'fabric love' board on Pinterest for absolutely ages, trying to find an excuse to buy some.  It is a simple design but I love the plain fabric between the framed four-patch blocks and then the borders.

For the backing fabric I used a print from Moda's 'Summerville' range:


Isn't it just darling?!!

I've got some leftovers so I'm thinking of a little Half Term Holiday project with my Big Girl possibly involving some fabric pens or embroidery.  The possibilities are so many!

No comments:

Post a Comment