Monday 4 February 2013

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday to you!

It has been a busy weekend here, but a very good one none the less!  This week is largely going to follow the same pattern and the house is going to be chaotic!  I have workmen descending this week to do some work in my Big Girl's bedroom before a decorating marathon begins.  I'm sure it will be fine but I don't fare well with chaos and clutter and with the contents of a 7 year old's room arranged on the landing I am not calm of mind!

Anyway I made two Farmer's Wife blocks last week AND I made a baby quilt.  Pictures of the latter will feature later in the week - I still need to wash and dry the quilt but here are the completed Farmer's Wife Blocks:

Evening Star:



I love the fussy-cut square in the middle of this block!  The whole block is so fresh and happy - very 'February'  as reminiscent of all those spring flowers popping up!

Prairie Queen:


I've wanted to make this block for ages but skipped over it several times.  I thought it would turn out quite a busy block so needed some time to think about it.  It is still a bit of a busy one but I think the central white square helps counteract this a bit!

It's funny how the seasons seem to be affecting my colour choices - red in the run up to the festive season and now blues and yellows as we head towards Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment