Tuesday 19 February 2013

Half Term Blocks

It was half term here last week so a whole lot of craft did not get done.  We visited family, coo-ed over pictures of my new niece and nephew and had a day out in Cardiff, surviving both the rain and a Dalek attack at the most excellent Doctor Who Experience.  Highly recommended for all fans!

Nevertheless, I did get two quilting blocks made but I've been a bit lax about uploading my pictures.  I've also been cutting out fabric for my twin quilts and knitting - I guess I did accomplish more than I originally thought!

Here are my half-term blocks:


(Block 9 - Box)

This one didn't look right to me for a while - the arrangement of the blue fabric looked a bit staggered at the bottom of each 'arm'.  Then I realised that when I come to sew the blocks together at the end of the project, a quarter inch seam all around the block will solve my problem!


(Block 58 - Mother's Dream)

LOVE this block and love everything about it - the fabric selection, the design, the colours, the cherry print background.  Definitely one of my favourites thus far.

It's Tuesday today and traditionally Tuesday afternoons have been my sewing afternoons.  I'm going to knuckle down and get on with a couple of blocks this afternoon.  I've got a bedroom to paint this week and I don't see any other opportunity for sewing time otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment