Saturday 19 July 2014

Preparation

We're going away next week - a few days with grandparents, a few with the cousins in Leeds and a few exploring Yorkshire as a family.  The latter will hopefully involve a visit to Baa Ram Ewe - my favourite yarn shop.  I've ordered online many times and made some purchases at their 'Wonderwool' stall back in April but I have never been to the shop in the 'flesh'.  Well, shopS actually - one in Leeds and one in Harrogate - but my husband doesn't  understand my need to visit both branches of the same shop .....


Time away necessitates some knitting projects so I've been sorting through patterns and yarn in preparation as well as finishing up some bits and bobs.  Above is the last piece of knitting for a friend's not so new baby which is now very nearly sewn up and ready to give.

I've been trialling a pattern for Christmas gifts as well - something quick and useful that I can make a start on over the school holidays.  It sounds a bit crazy organised but if I don't make a start now Christmas will be on top of me.  The trial has proved challenging though as a certain small person likes my knitting a lot!



Who needs a cat when you have a baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment