Wednesday 16 July 2014

Weekend Baking




I've been in a cooking rut of late.  Ordinarily I love cooking and menu planning but recently I've really struggled with finding the inspiration to do either.  I still get healthy and wholesome food on the table but it's not very interesting.  Over the weekend the husband was on call which means we are largely installed at home as he is back and forth to the hospital throughout the day and given the rainy weather I thought I would potter in the kitchen.

I managed to make pancakes/pikelets for breakfast - some with added sprinkles as an experiment (next time I need to add waaaaay more sprinkles!!) - also rhubarb and blackberry custard pie (in a homemade sweet pastry!) and finally some homemade granola :-).    I also made a delicious lasagna  for Sunday and yesterday made Bara Brith.  I may yet photograph the latter as there is some left in existence!!

I may have the groove back.

No comments:

Post a Comment