Tuesday 1 February 2011

Burst of Energy



Well I did manage to complete a quilt top in an afternoon after my last post! On Saturday we had a lovely family day out - walking along the seafront in Mumbles, lunch at Verdi's, followed by a visit to my local quilt shop to buy backing fabric and batting for the baby quilt. The ladies in the shop were quite perturbed about my burst of energy - this has not resulted in baby yet though!

To finish off the afternoon, Sophia and I baked some cupcakes. My friend Lisa, who I met on a cake decorating course and is also my knitting/sewing buddy, recommended the 'I Bake Cupcakes' app for the iPhone. I found a recipe on there for banana, white chocolate and cheese cupcakes which were truly amazing. The sponge contains the banana and white chocolate while the frosting is made with cream cheese. We decorated the cake tops with white chocolate chips to finish them off. The recipes on the app. are fabulous and I am looking forward to trying out several more - however, given the imminent arrival who knows when this will be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment