Wednesday 6 April 2011

New Wool



I am not getting on with the previously mentioned acrylic yarn - I intend to complete the stripey blanket though, and I may surprise myself with the end product! I have in the meantime aquired a brand new cotton yarn from my favourite wool shop First4yarns - Nature Classic Cotton by Adriafil. I've used Knitcol by Adriafil several times in the past for sock knitting so I fancied trying out their cotton, especially given the fabulous colours available. The 5 balls I ordered have sat unused for the better part of three weeks while I contemplate what to do with it all. I had considered a 'patchwork' granny square blanket or a ripple. However, during night-time baby feeding web-based research I came across a possible candidate - the Copenhagen cushion. I LOVE it!!! I ended up ordering 2 further balls of the classic cotton this week in a 'natural' colourway in order to make a start. It's a little yarny gift to myself - I had hoped to get to Wonderwool this weekend, but after a manically busy week for all of us, I think it's probably unlikely. Hey ho, there is always next year and some online wooly retail therapy instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment