Saturday 30 April 2011

A Royal Day!!


I can't claim to be a Royalist or Monarchist in any way, shape or form. I do, however, enjoy a bit of pomp and circumstance and tradition - and I especially enjoy a wedding! With this in mind, yesterday was a wedding marathon as we watched Prince William and Kate Middleton get married - I confess that I had the television on from 6.20 am (my excuse is I had to feed the baby!) til the end of the BBC coverage. I also watched the highlights later in the evening! The whole thing was just beautiful and I felt quite privileged to have witnessed, albeit by television, a very personal event in their lives.

In honour of the day a teaparty was most definately in order consisting of my Big Girl, my friend Bev and myself. Baby Boy was also present intermittently but my husband found sanctuary at a fishing lake instead - in fact, from his description, every other male in the city had done the same. Curiously he seemed to know a lot of wedding details when quizzed...

We had a selection of finger sandwiches (egg and watercress, smoked salmon, ham), homemade scones with clotted cram and jam, tea in china cups, pink bubbly and some 'Royal Wedding Welsh Cakes' - my own invention! After the recent success of the white chocolate and cranberry Welsh cakes, I decided to add some dried blueberries to the mix to make them red, white and blue!!! They were cut out with a heart shaped cutter in honour of the wedding and will definately be made again - delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment