Thursday 7 June 2012

Red, White & Blue


Don't tell my parents, but I celebrated the Jubilee!  I was brought up first and foremost Welsh, rather than British, so I'm not sure if my weekend festivities would be frowned upon.  Above is the red, white and  blue quilt top I worked on over the weekend.  I've had these fabrics for some time - a selection from Cath Kidston, Moda and various checks from Fabric Rehab - with a view to making a small quilt for the Baby Boy's cowboy themed bedroom.  It is pure coincidence that I sewed the quilt top over the jubilee weekend - a happy coincidence none the less!  I love charm quilts.

We were, as a family, poorly over the weekend and most of the Jubilee TV coverage was viewed in bed as we were feeling rather miserable.  Happily we were all recovered enough on Tuesday to host a small Jubilee afternoon teaparty with some friends.



The menu included a selection of sandwiches, coronation chicken, sausage rolls, jubilee cupcakes, Welsh cakes (with dried blueberries, cranberries and white chocolate), scones with clotted cream and jam, pink lemonade and sparkling wine!  As well as copious amounts of tea in the obilgatory china cups.

I attempted some Jubilee jellies:


And we had some delicious shortbread from this gorgeous vintage style tin:


A happy long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh fab quilt,I'm currently working on some cushions and possibly a quilt

    ReplyDelete