Tuesday 19 June 2012

Holiday!

I've been off the radar for a bit recently as we've been on holiday.  We've just returned from a lovely trip to Northern Ireland.  I fell in love with the north coast of NI last year while over at a family wedding so I wanted to return for more exploration.  We based our time around the town of Portstewart, where my mother-in-law and family are from, and the causeway coast.  Although I live by the sea here in South Wales, the north coast of NI is something else - dramatic, unspoilt and beautiful.

I had planned to make a crochet blanket and complete some more hand sewn hexagons whilst on holiday, neither of which materialised!  I did a lot of reading and chilling though and I do feel refreshed coming back to everyday life :-).

Stunning Giant's Causeway:






Portstewart Strand:

Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge:


(can't quite see the rope bridge in this pic!)


The highlight of the trip - Titanic Experience, Belfast:

 (Outside)



 (Beautiful reproduction crockery in the museum's cafe!)

A trip to Avoca in Belfast City Centre yielded one beautiful blanket:


Fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment