Wednesday 20 June 2012

Wild West

My son's bedroom is decorated with a Cath Kidston cowboy theme.  You can never have too much cowboy print in a boy's bedroom in my opinion!  I've completed the quilt I started for the Baby Boy just before we went on our family holiday.

l

It is a simple charm quilt - I never tire of this sort of quilt.  The cowboy print is obviously Cath Kidston while the majority of the checks, stripes and plaids are from a barginous fabric bundle which I got from Fabric Rehab as a mother's day pressie (I chose it myself).    The starry prints are from an old Moda range called 'Bar Harbour' which I had in my stash.  I loved this range which is now discontinued, although you occasionally come across the odd few meters online.


The backing and binding are two different colourways of the same print from the  Moda 'Reunion' line - another range I absolutely love.  I just seem to be drawn towards nautical and red, white and blue prints!


The pattern reminds me of cowboy scarves!

The quilting is practically invisible in the photos - I did actually use invisible quilting thread!  The quilting is a free motion hoopy loopy design which I love experimenting with.

The long drawn out snowball quilt is nearly bound so should be shared very shortly.

Have a Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow very nice, inspires me to start Reuben's one, or even finish the 2 tops that have sat in my basket for years

    ReplyDelete