Wednesday 13 March 2013

Forty Plus

The title is not a reference to my age I hasten to clarify - although I am now closer to forty than thirty!  Scary thought!  In my last post I mentioned that I hoped to make 3 Farmer's Wife blocks last week to bring the grand total to forty blocks.  It seems I had made a miscalculation and I only required two blocks to be made, so here they are:


 This one is block 3 in the book and is called 'Basket' - it is, however, currently sans handle, which I plan to add at a later point.  I made a return to the floral green this week as it has been lacking in use somewhat.

The second is 'Batwing', the fifth block:


 I like this one with the contrast between red and white fabric, and the bambis are quite sweet in my opinion.  When the final quilt is assembled they recommend arranging the block on point - I cannot for the life of my imagine this particular block in that alignment.  I like it's present symmetry to much!

So today , not only can I share last week's work but also this week's!!


This is 'Bouquet' and oh my, it has been a headache!  I cut and pieced as accurately as possible and it still didn't come out a perfect square - I ripped it loose twice and the above is as good as it is going to get.  I think I need to look at my quarter inch foot and asses whether it is a scant quarter inch seam or not.  The green fabric is from a past project (an Unfinished Object) which I found whilst tidying last week - I think it is by Lecien.  Discovering the UFO has made me determined to complete it.

Finally Bowtie, block 10:


 
Simple and straightforward - I think I might make a quilt from this block design at some point :-)

This brings the block count to 42.  It transpires that it is 83 blocks I need for a twin quilt and not the 85 I previously thought - This means I am officially halfway - just!!

This brings the block count to 42!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment