Monday 4 March 2013

Spring

In my mind Spring is here.  Although cold outside, the weather has been dry and glorious here for the last few days - I have laundry drying in the fresh air today and in my little garden, spring bulbs are poking through.  On days like this all seems very well with the world indeed.

Last week I had an industrious spurt and made three more Farmer's Wife blocks!  I think this brings the grand total to 37 so I'm going to try really, really hard this week to make three more and bring the number up to 40.  This pleases me psychologically as it is nearly halfway to the magic 85 blocks I have in mind to make.

So sunny was the weather on Saturday that all three blocks were photographed on location outside, namely my little postage stamp of a back garden:

(Block 23 - Country Farm)


 (Block 14 - Butterfly at the Crossroads)

(Block 13 - Buckwheat)

The last one is a little out of focus so here it is again but this time as part of a pair:


I've gone to town a but on the pink theme this time, but I love the yellow floral and pink spots together.  I think the Lecien cherry print used as the background for block 14 is possibly my favourite fabric in this project.  I never get tired of using it!

Hope the sun is shining with you this Monday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment