Tuesday 26 March 2013

Seasons of Life

I struggle to remember sometimes what aspects of my life I have blogged about over a period of several weeks.  Apologies for any repeated ramblings.  Daily domestic life, for me, consists of seasons - some periods are quiet and manageable, others manic.  At the moment I'm experiencing a very busy season in my life.  I'm sure this is down to, in part, two busy but fabulous children and a husband who has a very demanding job.  Over the last two weeks I feel as though I've been chasing my tail, trying to keep up.  Sewing has been little and sporadic to say the least!  I'm pleased tonight to be able to drop in briefly and share last week's Farmer's Wife blocks:


This is 'Whirlpool' and is block 102 in the book.  I tried this block sometime last year and got myself into quite a frenzy - I couldn't get any of the points to match up.  I must confess that my first attempt at whirlpool ended up in my scrap basket.  However, what a difference a day few months makes and I am so much happier with the end result.  My piecing seems to be improving - it's not perfect by any means but I am happy.

Secondly block 80 - Single Wedding Star:


A bit of a busy block - now that it has been sewn together it does induce a bit of visual cortex overload or possibly a migraine!  At this point in time the block is in rather than out as I'm trying not to backtrack.  We'll just have to see if it works when all the blocks are laid out together!

No comments:

Post a Comment