Tuesday 11 December 2012

Last Week's Work

As I alluded to in yesterday's post, I did manage to complete two Farmer's Wife blocks last week!

Churn Dash






I love churn dash blocks - they are quite straightforward to make and I think they look lovely put together.  I'm really pleased with the colour combination and how the central portion stands out against the paler fabric.

Flock

I was a bit apprehensive about this one when I came to it because of all the small triangles, so I was surprised when it turned out as it did!  It could do with a good pressing (I sewed the individual square blocks together in the wrong configuration to begin with) and the Bambi prints are accidentally upside down but you live and learn and I WILL NOT take it apart again!

I'm still using a lot of red and white spots in this project - at the moment I'm blaming the festive season!

No comments:

Post a Comment