Wednesday 5 December 2012

Slightly Behind

Last week I fell behind - I only managed one block of my Farmer's Wife Quilt.  Oh dear. 

Broken Sugar Bowl


However, I do have another block to share - I guess it's ever so slightly cheating as I didn't make it last week ....but it is all my own work!!

Rainbow Flowers



I made this block in the early weeks of the project but didn't include it as I wasn't entirely happy with it.  The slightly wonky gingham pattern makes the pieces look as if they're not cut properly, and the top left corner square has certainly had some seam allowance issues along the way - well it's not quite a square is it!?

On balance I decided I do like it so I'm (naughtily) including it as the second block of last week.  Now I have to find the time, and it's Wednesday already, to make this week's contribution.  I think it is quite likely to be one block only this week as Christmas is marching up on me VERY quickly and I have sooo many lovely festive fabrics waiting to be used!

Have a Happy Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment