Saturday 15 December 2012

More blocks!

I wasn't expecting to complete two Farmer's Wife blocks this week but somehow I managed it!  I think one child having two sick days at the beginning of the week probably helped - I cut out the fabric while we were cwtching in, then sewed them up when the Busy Boy (sadly not really a Baby Boy any more) had a marathon nap yesterday afternoon.

Spool


This is my second attempt at this block - the first was early on in the quilt along and basically made it into the scrap basket quite quickly.  I originally found the half square triangles hard to match up and disliked the fabric selection.  Over the ensuing weeks I think my cutting and piecing has improved and I am much happier with this version of 'spool'.  The fabric selection works well and I really like the contrast between the colours and the large spots against a background of small spots.

Streak of Lightening

I was ever so slightly daunted when I cut out the fabric pieces for this block as there were many little bits.  Thankfully there were no point or seams to match up so it was very straightforward.  Needless to say I'm not relishing the prospect of many tiny triangles which feature in a lot of the future blocks!


Love the red and white fabrics - both by Lecien - they compliment each other well.

No comments:

Post a Comment