Saturday 24 November 2012

Challenging Myself

I've tried to challenge myself a bit this week as regards to the Farmer's Wife Quilt.  When selecting blocks to make I tend to play safe - mainly choosing blocks that I either like the most or I know I will be able to make!  This week I decided to go for blocks that scare me a little - those ones with lots of little pieces.  I chose 'Hovering Birds' and 'Whirlpool'.  The success rate was 50 % - 'Hovering Birds' was completed, 'Whirlpool' was abandoned! 

Hovering Birds


As 'Whirlpool' remains in little bits on my sewing table, and to keep up with the two blocks a week demand, I chose another block to make:

Windmill


 A far more straightforward block!!  I think I will try and make one out of the two weekly blocks a more difficult one thus avoiding being landed with all the technically challenging ones at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment