Thursday 22 November 2012

Dreary Days

It has been grey here - mostly wet and windy - all week.  It's dry at the moment but Radio 4 predicts a deluge at midday!  This has been the view from my sewing room most afternoons:


  Ordinarily the sea is visible above the houses, and the 'skyscraper' (ahem ...) clearly seen, but this week it is grey, grey grey, and the grey sea and the grey sky are one!

It's lucky that I had these cheery fabrics to brighten up my days:




I bought this fabulously colourful jelly roll whilst at Quilts UK in Malvern - Oh deer! by MoMo for Moda.  It is the one item I specifically had in mind to purchase when I went.  The prints are so funky!  I've just been swing the jelly roll strips together as I couldn't bear to cut them up - the plan is to create a border with the left over strips.

However, the basting and quilting is unlikely to happen anytime soon.  I'm trying to be slightly more austere as we approach Christmas so I'm limiting myself to very little fabric or batting purchasing.  Completion is therefore, to some extent, dependent on what I already have in my cupboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment