Wednesday 7 November 2012

Princess Millie Quilt

I love freshly laundered, crinkly quilts and here is a brand new one straight from the dryer .... and it is scraptastic!



One of my pre-Malvern promises to myself was to use up as much stash and scraps as possible.  I've bought sooo much fabric over the years and most of it has remained unused so figured I should try and make a dent in it before I accumulate more!  The 'Princess Millie' quilt is testement to this and was great fun to make.

My starting point was a fairy princess fabric panel which I cut into individual squares - these formed the centre of each block:


I didn't do any strict measuring with this one, just bordered the central squares with various 2.5" wide strips and kept going!  I added some white sashing and pink squares inbetween to make the blocks stand out a little. 

This is a gift for my friens Mel's little girl, Millie.  I've been promised her a quilt for months, especially given that the quilt I made for her sister, Sienna, is one of the first quilts I ever made!  Very appropriately, Millie was 2 last week so the finished article has been well (albeit accidentally) timed!

I took a break from stippling this time and quilted this one with horizontal straight lines - a washa nd a dry later and it is all lovely and crinkly!

No comments:

Post a Comment