Tuesday 13 November 2012

Farming

I managed two more Farmer's wife blocks last week.  I'm not sure if I've ever been this disciplined about a long term crafting project before.  However, I did struggle with finding the time to post on here though.  We're into our second week of this school term and it feels like much longer.  The Christmas term is a manic one and my daughter is already rehearsing for the school Christmas concert!  What with looking forward to all the Christmas activities at church and all the preparations at home I have a sneaky feeling this project may dwindle to one block a week soon - but I'm really hoping to keep the momentum!!

Last week I made these two blocks:

Firstly Big Dipper



I love the little hourglass blocks (or half square triangles if you prefer!) and I can't seem to get away from using red fabrics.  I decided to add variation by using two different red and white fabrics and i really love the result.

The second block I made was Friendship Star:


 Loving this one too - especially the red and white polka dot fabric :-)  I used two yellow Lecien fabric in this block, but decided to fussy cut the central square to make the most of the large print.  I think the polka dots frame the central square really well and the rosebud fabric surrounding the star finishes it off nicely.

Two done and shared - now to make this week's two.

1 comment: