Saturday 3 November 2012

Half Term

We've had a lovely half-term here - the weather hasn't been great but we've enjoyed cafe trips and grandparents visiting and playdates! I even managed to use some of my end-of-summer 'harvest' to make an apple and blackberry crumble!






I had a lovely time at Quilts UK in Malvern last weekend, despite the cold weather it was easily the best day of the holidays weather wise.  A few purchases were made and I will endeavour to get these blogged soon.


I've continued to make good progress with my  'Farmer's Wife' quilts blocks - so far, so good.  I'm not entirely convinced I will keep up this momentum  now that the Christmas term is looming, especially given all the Christmas projects I'm contemplating...

Here are this week's offerings - firstly 'Snowball'


Not the best photo I'm afraid,  also I was trying to move away from red fabric in this block so it's a bit washed out compared to the previous blocks.  However, I love the fabric, which is by Lecien, and I hope to incorporate more of it in other blocks.

The second block for this week is Calico Puzzle:


I won't lie - this one was a challenge for me what with all the corners, but I think it is one of my favourites so far.  A little busy, some may say, but I love the over all effect.

Let's see if I can keep up this week!  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment