Monday 7 January 2013

Blue

The title of this blog post is not a reference to how some people feel at the start of January - thankfully I am not one of these and actually prefer the colder, darker months!  Rather it is an allusion to my favourite colour.  Since I was a little girl, I have always loved the colour blue.  Apart from a brief flirtation with purple whilst at university my loyalty has always been truly blue ;-).  Green comes pretty close but let's leave that for another day.

I pretty much like all shades of blue - teal and turquoise are particularly good colours for redheads like myself -  and now in my mid-thirties I have a particular fondness for navy.  When I was growing up I always teased my mother about having mostly navy clothes but it seems I am tarred with the same brush as it is now true of me too!

I've never been much of a fan of baby blue as a colour for clothing, my little boy never wore it as a baby, but for accessories, home decor and kitchen ware, baby blue is just perfect :-)

Observe my number one Christmas gift from the recent festivities:


Oh my, what a wonderful specimen of a baby blue leather satchel that is!  Hand crafted by the Leather Satchel Company especially for me.  It's 11" across and is big enough to hold all my essentials including my kindle!  This was my Christmas present from my Dr Husband and I LOVE it.

I also got some lovely blue kitchenware in various shades as gifts:




I've always loved these mini cocottes from Le Creuset and I'm now the proud owner of eight of them!  They've already been trialled for chicken pot pies and this week I'm going to experiment with mini fish pies and mini veggie Shepherd's pies.

We've just returned from a lovely weekend at Bluestone which has relaxed us all no end and I'm ready for the onslaught of back to school tomorrow.

I'm planning on getting back on the Farmer's Wife Quilt wagon this week and I've already chosen the first two blocks of 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment