Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!

It's the first day of 2013, and would you believe it, a dry and sunny day.  Having had rain constantly for about 3 weeks, what a lovely surprise when I got up this morning.  I can't say we're making the most of it given that the three of us that are home today, are a tad snotty, but it is making me feel cheery none-the-less.

Christmas was quiet and lovely despite the hammering our rugby team took at the local derby on Boxing Day.  It was the first time in my life that I have left a match before the final whistle.

Between Christmas and New Year I did a teeny bit of sewing, producing this cushion based on this tutorial.


I really love the result and it fits in really well with my living room.  Great for using up those scraps so I may make a few more in differing designs.  The cushion is a bit over-stuffed at present as I didn't have the correct size cushion pad in the house, so I ended up stuffing it with two pads for the time being!  A shopping trip beckons.

Much knitting has been done, but not necessarily completed, over the festive period which will be shared soon.  We have a family weekend away this coming Friday so perfect for finishing knitting projects ;-) Not to mention this afternoon - husband is golfing, little boy will be napping and my Big Girl and I can knit and watch Little House on the Prairie.

No comments:

Post a Comment