Friday 18 January 2013

Snow Day

We woke this morning to complete stillness and silence.  Usually you start hearing cars driving up and down our hill from about 6 am but today not so as a blanket of snow had fallen.

School was cancelled and the husband couldn't make it to work initially - he later managed to get in for a couple of hours.

We popped over to the park for a little while before our feet and hands were frozen.




I managed a bit of my current knitting project too:


This is Snawheid, a beautiful hat design by Kate Davies.  I just had to photograph the work in progress on a bed of snow given the snowflake detail.  I'm knitting this on a 40cm circular needle and shockingly I am using a metal circular needle.  As a general rule I prefer wooden or bamboo needles but I had heard great reviews about the Nova KnitPro range.  I was already a fan of their wooden interchangeable circular needles as well as their double pointed ones.  The Nova circular needle has proved  a delight to knit with - the highly shiny metal surface allows the yarn to glide over the pins.  As they are hollow they are very light to use and the cable incredibly flexible, so all in all, quite fabulous :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment