Wednesday 24 April 2013

Baby Knitting

My friends are quite a fertile bunch it seems - I always have some sort of baby gift on the go.  March/April has been no exception and I have made a couple of  baby knitted items.  Sometimes a handmade gift can be a bit hit or miss , but thankfully my friends are also an appreciative bunch too ;-)


This is the raglan sweater I made for baby Levi (and I love the name) the offspring of my very dear friend Hailey.  The pattern is from one of Debbie Bliss' baby books and is knitted with aran wool on 5mm needles - a very quick knit indeed.  The beauty of it is that the back and front instructions are exactly the same so quick to memorise.  I know not everyone likes a raglan shaping but I do very much - I also find raglans much easier to seam together.  The yarn I chose for this project was Debbie Bliss Rialto Aran in this lovely Indigo colour.


My second baby knitting project is this lovely 'Little Scallop' hat made for baby Eliza - truly the teeniest baby I have ever met at 5lb 3oz birth weight!  She has some growing to do before the hat will fit I think!  The pattern was found on Ravelry and the crochet flower and button detail is my own addition.  This is just the start of a baby knitting spree - I have projects on the needles for my twin niece and nephew too!

No comments:

Post a Comment